In addition, the Maps application for our favorite operating system receives news periodically. So many, that many of them are forgotten as useful as they may be. That's why today we want to show you 5 tricks for Google Maps on Android, which you probably did not know.
5 Tricks for Google Map
Download maps to see them offlineAlthough things have changed a lot, there are still places in the world where the Internet connection is scarce. If we are planning a trip with Google Maps and do not want to take surprises due to possible connection losses, we can download the maps for later viewing offline. To do this, from the application of Google Maps will have to perform the following steps:
- Open the left side menu and click on "Offline zones".
- From there, you can see the areas you have already downloaded, or download new ones to be able to access them offline.
Add Stops On a TripWhen planning a trip by car, and above all, if it is long lasting, it is advisable to make stops to take breaks from time to time.
In order to set up stops on a Google Maps tour, once we find ourselves selecting the destination and the destination, we will have to click on the three-point menu in the upper right, and later in "Add stop". We can add or delete all the stops we want.
Put custom names to your favorite placesIn Google Maps it is possible to give personalized names to places in a simple way. This can be useful in case the place does not have a predefined name, or simply because we do not remember it.
Once inside the map, we must select a point, and make a long click on it. Thus, by opening the information menu and clicking on "Tag" we will be able to put the name that we want to the selected place.
Share your locationJust a few weeks ago, Google Maps was updated to give users the ability to share their location in real time with anyone else.
To do this, you only have to perform the following steps from the application itself.
- Open the left side menu and click on "Share location".
- Click on "Start", and configure how long your location will remain public for the rest, and then select the desired contacts.
Measures exact distancesGoogle Maps also hides curious tools, such as that allows us to measure the exact distance between two points. To do this, the following steps must be taken:
- Select a point on the map with a long press, and slide up to access information about the place.
- Click on the "Measure Distance" option.
- Now it will be possible to move around the map until you select the destination point.
- In this way, we will see the exact distance between the two selected points.
As you can see, Google Maps not only helps us to go from one point to another. The application offers a good amount of features and small hidden secrets, which can improve our experience when embarking on a trip.